You are here
Accountant / Auditor
ASSYST is seeking qualified Accountants / Auditors to work on site at our client in Rockville, MD.
The Finance department at our client has been re-engineering its business processes to better leverage its existing financial management systems. This includes providing more frequent and comprehensive financial reporting both external and for management. This effort has created the need for accountants/auditors to perform a variety of accounting and financial reporting functions. Therefore, they need skilled and experienced accountant/auditors with good PC applications skills and familiarity with financial reporting, grants accounting and financial management systems.
Scope of Work:
Finance needs up to three (3) accountant/auditor contractor(s) to achieve its improved financial reporting needs. Candidates should have experience working with a tier 1 ERP system, preferably Oracle eBusiness Suite r12 or higher, Microsoft Excel and Access, and utilizing electronic calculators.
The specific services to be rendered will include:
- Work collaboratively with the ERP Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Accounting Managers to resolve post implementation issues relating to system and business processes.
- Experience in grants accounting or demonstrate an aptitude for it.
- Conduct reconciliations of various Oracle EBS data and general ledger accounts.
- Participate in the ongoing incorporation of new business processes, and security requirements within the ERP financials applications.
- Participate in software configuration to meet the Client's financial process and security requirements.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Accounting experience as indicated by scope of work by position.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Excel, Access, and a tier 1 ERP system, preferably Oracle eBusiness Suite, as indicated above.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.