You are here
Avaya Telephony Support Specialist
Background: The Call Center Support Specialist will address the needs of the client's Business units and Call Centers in a timely and professional manner. Must maintain an excellent working relationship with the various department heads; must have the ability to communicate how new technology, upgrades, and bug fixes can meet and resolve challenges the business units and Call Centers face. Perform direct and remote hands-on administration on the Avaya phone system using Communication Manager 6.3, and associated adjuncts including Modular Messaging 5.2, Call Management System 16, Elite Multichannel 6.3 and Verint Quality Monitoring version 12 including Data Analytics. Additional duties include support for Avaya Experience Portal ver. 7 Demonstrate the ability to coordinate and direct vendors on various projects as well as in adverse situations. Work with timelines and project plans ensuring all vested parties’ issues are addressed in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. During interruption in service ensure all impacted business units receive timely updates.
Job Category Duties/Responsibilities
- Work closely with Call Center and IT staff/management to analyze call center operations. Gather requirements for optimization, make recommendations, convert into technical requirements, process change requests, and implement according to schedule using IT’s Project Management methodology.
- Document and organize existing and planned call center operations.
- Establish standards, policies, operating procedures, and requirements related to call center operations.
- Manage call flow programming using vectors and VDNs.
- Analyze efficacy of call center staffing and call processing modifications, including usage of telecommuting.
- Develop, refine, and report on statistics for call center operation and IVR, including agent occupancy, abandon rate, first call resolution, etc.
- Work with internal staff, WSSC management, and external vendors to deliver projects and tasks on-time and within budget.
- Perform capacity planning for call center infrastructure.
- Work with appropriate Voice & Data Network Section staff on planned hardware and software lifecycle of call center and IVR applications.
- Work with appropriate Voice & Data Network Section staff on procedures and policies for telephony
- administration and maintenance.
- Perform a coordination role with IT, Customer Care, and other senior leadership, staff, and vendors.
- Manage full life cycle telecom projects including writing statements of work, evaluating proposals, recommending solution and managing implementations post-award.
- Keep up to date with latest call center and other relevant telephony and convergence technologies.
- Keep up to date with Avaya call center and telephony software; make recommendations for upgrade and/or replacement as appropriate.
- Support the Customer Care Team in day-to-day operations including working with Voice & Data Network Section and IT Customer Support staff to resolve call center agent application issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Support non-Avaya call center and telephony applications that are used in call center operations such as Verint quality monitoring, and Symon wallboards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with Avaya Telephony and Call Center technologies
- Recent and relevent Hands-On experience supporting Call Center and Telephony systems and services
- Recent and related experience supporting non-Avaya Call Center & telephony applications such as Verint quality monitoring and Symon wall boards
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance. Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.assyst.net.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.