You are here
Chief Operations Research Scientist
ASSYST is looking for a Chief Operations Research Scientist to run a complex and highly visible project which provides forecasting and analysis for the Department of the Army. Location will be in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Active Secret clearance required.
Educational and Related Experience:
- Active Secret clearance is required.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited academic institution in operations research, applied mathematics, systems engineering, economics, or statistics with a minimum of six credit hours at the graduate level in mathematical programming (e.g. LP, IP, etc.) and six credit hours at the graduate level in statistics.
- Have at least eight years of relevant experience. Relevant experience consists of: mathematical modeling (for optimization or simulation), computer programming for engineering or statistical analysis, big data analysis, analytic studies.
- Have at least one year experience operating and tuning an optimization engine such as CPLEX or GUROBI.
- At least one year experience coding mathematical programs in a scripted language, e.g. MPL, AMPL, Python, or C++.
- At least one year experience leading an analytic team, study, or project.
- At least one year of experience developing, using, or analyzing forecasting models.
- Candidates possessing industry standard analytics certification such as the Certified Analytics Professional highly desired.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more, in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.