You are here
Configuration Management Specialist – Entry Level to Junior
ASSYST is looking for a qualified Entry to Junior Level Configuration Management Specialist to join our team in our Sterling, VA headquarters.
***This position requires an ACTIVE Secret Clearance or interim Clearance***
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Help guide engineering, software development, and other teams through approved change and configuration management processes
- Track, control, audit, and report on IT configuration changes and related activities
- Support metrics and reporting
- Review and audit IT change management document submissions for quality control, completeness, and adherence to standards
- Assist in developing and maintaining processes, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other documents
- Support end users on approved policies, procedures, and activities
- Other related tasks as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship, with active Secret Clearance (interim Clearance OK)
- One year experience preferred, in a job requiring to be detail-oriented and meticulous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
- Customer service oriented self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Quick learner, with strong research and analytical skills
- Strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office and aptitude for learning and using other software products
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred; experience can be substituted for degree.
- Familiarity with functioning of IT Change Control Board a plus
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM, or CMMI, a plus
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.