You are here
Configuration Management Specialist - Junior
ASSYST is looking for a Junior Level Configuration Management Specialist to join our team in Sterling, VA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Help guide engineering, IT infrastructure development, operations and other teams through approved change and configuration management processes.
- Track, control, audit and report on IT configuration changes and related activities.
- Help manage master inventory of approved COTS products, images and media library, including fulfilling shipment work orders as applicable.
- Help maintain Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Support metrics and reporting.
- Create and monitor tickets for team tasks, using BMC Remedy.
- Assist in developing and maintaining CM processes, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other documents.
- Support and train end users on approved CM policies, procedures and activities.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship, with Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field preferred, but other relevant degrees will also be considered. Experience can be substituted for degree.
- One year experience preferred, in a job requiring to be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
- Customer service oriented self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work well within a team, as well as in individual capacity, with good organizational skills.
- Quick learner, with strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office and aptitude for learning new software packages as needed.
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM a plus.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.