You are here
Configuration Management Specialists - DevSW (Mid-level)
ASSYST is looking for two Configuration Management Specialists - DevSW (Mid-level) to join our team in Sterling, VA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform standard CM functions for software development and deployment – Planning, Configuration Identification, Status Accounting, Configuration Control and Audits
- Interpret, implement and enforce requirements of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and supporting policies/procedures
- Support both waterfall and Agile/SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) SDLC processes
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in Stakeholder meetings
- Assure software baseline integrity through audits and maintenance of Configuration Management Database
- Support efforts with tracking and resolving issues and problems related to process, tools and software baseline management
- Track, control and report on changes
- Support and advise end users on approved CM policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain, as needed, CM processes, plans, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions and other documents
- Other related tasks as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship, with active Secret Clearance
- Relevant experience in Configuration and Change Management of custom developed software
- Experience using CM tools such as IBM Rational, BMC Remedy, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) and related suite of tools is a plus
- Knowledgeable in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and Application Lifecycle Management tools
- Experience documenting and providing training on processes, work instructions, etc. is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to multitask and to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, maintaining high degree of accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field (experience can be substituted for degree)
- ITIL, SAFe, Agile, and/or CM Certification is a plus
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.