You are here
Cost Analyst / IT Governance
ASSYST is looking for a cost analyst to play a key role in a highly visible project for one of our Federal Client. Location can either be out of our Sterling, VA headquarters, or on site in Arlington, VA.
An Active Secret Clearance is required.
The Agency uses the SLIM tool to drive function point analysis. The estimating tools were built using this methodology, no other software estimating method other than SLIM can be used to support them. This individual would provide Cost Estimating/Function Points Support and ITG Software Benefit-Cost Analysis Support. Needs to have experience with a tool called SLIM.
- On a monthly basis, collect and analyze software metrics on every release for each development and O&M contract in the Agency's portfolio, including software size, duration, staffing, defects, effort, averaging 130 active releases per month.
- Measure release size using Function Point Analysis on every software release, including both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies regarding both commercial off-the -shelf (COTS) and custom developed code. Function point counts are performed by International Function Point Users Group (IFPUG) Certified Function Point Specialists (CFPS).
- Perform monthly performance tracking with the SLIM parametric tool on every software release in the Agency's portfolio, develop SLIM parametric performance tracking and forecast reports for each release, and present analysis to support milestone/control gate decisions at weekly Stage Gate Review (SGR) meetings or agile sprints as applicable.
- Update the Agency's Historical Database in the SLIM parametric tool with each completed software release, and update the Agency's historical trend lines for productivity, staffing, duration, and quality.
- Maintain and refine SLIM parametric templates configured for every type of CST application, and maintain standard report templates for the Agency's management review of estimates.
- Perform Function Point counts on business requirements for new or enhanced capabilities, received through business service management processes. Function point counts are performed by International Function Point Users Group (IFPUG) Certified Function Point Specialists (CFPS).
- Maintain the Agency's Capacity Planning Parametric Model using SLIM, which involves loading the updated SLIM tracking model for each release on a monthly basis, and measuring planned/forecasted schedule and effort impact on the Agency's shared resources (e.g. IV&V).
- For all new contracts (prior to award), and for maintenance of existing contracts (mods, extensions, etc.), develop parametric cost estimates and Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE) using the SLIM parametric tool and the Agency's historical database of completed projects. Function point counts are performed by International Function Point Users Group (IFPUG) Certified Function Point Specialists (CFPS).
- Evaluate vendor development costs against parametric cost estimate, and quantitatively measure variances.
- Perform independent assessments of price/cost quotes/proposals based on vendor provided historical metrics data, the Agency's historical metrics data, and parametrically derived.
Educational and Related Experience:
- Active Secret clearance is required.
- SLIM certification.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Seven years of relevant experience.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.