You are here
Hosting Migration Technical Expert
ASSYST is looking for a Hosting Migration Technical Expert to work full time at a client site in Rockville, MD.
Our Client is the largest department within the County government and provides a variety of health-based and community services at more than 20 locations throughout Maryland. Within the scope are more than 120 programs spread across five primary service areas: Aging and Disability Services, Behavioral Health and Crisis Services, Children, Youth, and Family Services, Public Health Services, and Special Needs Housing. In January, 2017 they launched an integrated case management system (eICM) based upon Siebel’s Public Sector software and implemented by Conduent, Inc. Currently the application is hosted at two sites: Production (PROD) and associated environments are hosted at LifeLine in Indianapolis, IN, and Disaster Recovery (DR) site is at TierPoint in Baltimore, MD. The client will arrange to have the equipment shipped and racked at their site in Rockville.
Scope of Services/Tasks/Deliverables:
- Develop and execute a technical project plan to bring both production and disaster recovery environments online, configure, test and ready for use inside the Client’s network infrastructure and its interdependencies.
- Configure the DR site as Production and add a Prod-Fix environment to the configuration.
- Migrate Production data from the LifeLine site in Indiana to the RecoveryPoint site.
- Configure the COB site as a Production site and migrate Production data from the RecoveryPoint site to COB.
- Complete any changes required to the Recovery Point configuration to return it to DR mode.
- Work alongside client IT SMEs utilizing existing documentation to troubleshoot and repair any emergent issues.
Provide technical expertise to perform applicable steps necessary to certify full operational capability:
- Siebel 8.x. ensure the application is fully operational; accessibility of database and documented configuration validation
- Systems (Windows Server 2008 R2/ 2012 and Linux); test and validate documented system configurations
- Database setup (Oracle 11G); Test and certify database connectivity, interaction and validity of data
- NetApp/OnTap ensure full operational capabilities, including data replication between PROD and DR environments
- Cisco UCS blade setup and configuration certification
- Validate Storage configuration, setup and ensure full functionality
- Virtual F5 BigIP; setup and configure load balancer under the client’s network
- Validate, certify and ensure both PROD and DR environments are fully operational
- Perform testing to ensure all services and interfaces are running
- Provide technical documentation of work performed and lessons learned to client upon completion
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Demonstrated expert, hands-on level knowledge of in setup, configuration, validation, and migration of: Siebel Public Sector systems (software version 8.x); Windows 2008 R2/2012 servers; Redhat Linux; Oracle 11g; NetApp w. OnTap; Cisco UCS; F5 BigIP (virtual), VMware, production and failover environments
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.