You are here
Network (NOC) Engineer
ASSYST is looking for a Network Engineer to work at a client site in Rockville, MD.
Local candidates only, please.
No sponsorship available for this position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidate will work side-by- side with agency staff to deploy WAN/LAN infrastructure.
- Responsible for installing, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrade of the system wide county ATM and Cisco MPLS network.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a multi-vendor ATM backbone, and all provider and customer edge devices
- Responsible for configuration, installation, troubleshooting and maintaining 800 MHz T1 radio communication network using the GDC ATM backbone.
- Completion of the system-wide network upgrade and conversion from ATM to MPLS network.
Qualifications / Experience
- Knowledge of and experience in deploying and supporting LAN/WAN/MAN inter networking technologies, experience in inter networking best practices, experience in working with all OSI layers including the application layer.
- Expert knowledge deploying ATM based T1 circuits, expert knowledge of ATM technologies, products and services or Telecom related experience
- Ability to work as a team member providing emergency on-call support with a four hour response time is a requirement. On-call rotation is expected to be one week in three.
- Expert knowledge of GDC ATM products and services
- Experience with multi-protocol WAN environments, including ATM, MPLS, Frame Relay, T1, and 802.11.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.