You are here
ASSYST is looking for Project Manager to work in our Sterling, VA office. This position will be required to travel to Washington, DC for occasional client visits.
Leads contractor team on large projects or portions of large, complex projects. Identifies and analyzes project problems and creates solutions involving technology, methodology, cost and scheduling to overcome project related issues. Provides input into system cost, analysis, and programming as they relate to the overall project scope, cost and timeline.
Prepares and maintains long and short-term project plans the selection of applications, systems development, maintenance or other needs to support the project. Oversees all aspects of the assigned project to include, scope, cost and time.
Minimum Education and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university.
- PMP certification is a must.
- Experience in the Federal space is a MUST.
- Scrum Master certification is good to have.
- ITIL, Agile certifcations are also encouraged.
- Experience of 5 to 10 years in IT filed managing scope, resources, and budget.
- Experience in managing project implementation and interacting with the client is a must.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Willing to make trips in DC areas for our clients.
- Experience in PMO is a plus.
- Experience with the development of project management plans, project schedules, monthly and weekly status reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled with standard office and project tools (Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge with management of IT budgets and scope management.
- Experience managing diverse teams and stakeholders.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.