You are here
Senior Data Analyst
Background: This senior role in the Process and Data Analysis team will provide leadership in the performance of complex data analysis projects and the establishment and use of best practices for data extraction/transformation/loading/analyzing/visualizing/refreshing where outputs will inform a wide variety of County business objectives and initiatives. The successful candidate will possess strong people skills supported by technical acumen.
- Data Analysis: Perform complex data analysis and produce data visualizations for 4-6 projects annually. Involves validating proposed data, coordinating extract/transform/load (ETL) of data into County data hub, developing and maintaining a standard ETL specifications template, and performing statistically valid and apt data analysis against requirements and excellent visualizations.
- Business Analysis: Perform requirements analysis for projects assigned to candidate for data analysis and visualizations. Document the business case, deliverables, schedule and dataset documentation, including data classification and required permissions to use. Produce and maintain a standard requirements analysis template.
- Thought Leadership: Research capabilities of current toolset (including SQL Server SSIS and SSRS, PowerBI, Excel) and toolsets available for download/integration with current toolset. Develop recommendations for use when evaluating all team projects. Serve as a mentor to the team and other County staff looking for means to accomplish business goals using these tools.
- Data Quality: Define and promote best practices for data quality. Work with business data owners to improve incoming data quality. Participate in the evaluation of new systems to ensure data quality is “baked in.” Work with Data Architect to cleanse/transform source data for open data and data analytics projects.
- At least 7 years experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Architect, Data Officer or similar.
- Established history of progressively responsible positions in data management, data governance, data analytics or related field.
- Proven aptitude for understanding complex and/or high-level business needs and drivers and translating that information into actionable data analytics project scopes.
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and meetings and ensure all voices are heard.
- Experience using industry-standard data analysis and presentation layer tools.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.