You are here
Senior Java Developer
ASSYST is looking for qualified Senior Java Developers to work full time at one of our clients. The work can either be done here at our home office in Sterling, VA or on ther client site in Washington, DC near Union Station.
- Work closely with the PM to ensure all SCRs are identified, assigned and appropriately staffed.
- Responsible for defining the technical requirements for all identified new and/or enhanced application changes, services, and/or optimized business processes.
- Provide oversight of the development team and ensures adherence to the agency’s standards throughout lifecycle.
- Provide support in IT strategy and planning, workflow and process design, tool/systems integration, and solution development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college/university.
- At least 7 years related application and database development experience, including supervisory experience.
- Must be proficient with: JAVA and J2EE architecture
- Must be proficient with: JBoss/TomCat; Sybase ASE; Oracle Fusion Middleware/Oracle SOA Suite
- Must be able to use: Microsoft suite of tools (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Visio).
- Must have at least three (3) years work in the US.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.