You are here
Senior Network Engineer
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Testing, deployment, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and documentation of a statewide network, utilizing industry best practices for security, disaster recovery and business continuity, change control, and client support.
- Assisting in creation of robust network designs, acting as the primary telecommunications point of contact and lead engineer for implementations and providing ongoing support and maintenance.
- Overseeing the configuration, maintenance, and documentation of routers, switches, wireless controllers, load balancers, security appliances, WAN optimizers, and management and security appliances.
- Leading, scheduling, provide guidance and coordinating the activities with other team members to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Participating in the design, deployment, and maintenance of WAN.
- Associated functions include the configuration and maintenance of network hardware (controllers, routers, switches, wireless and security), the configuration and maintenance of network management software network address management, capacity planning, performance analysis, and problem resolution.
- Analyzing and diagnosing a wide variety of Wide Area Network connectivity problems, hardware failures, software problems, security issues, performance problems, and unsolved problems reported by other groups. Problem resolution may require the use of network protocol analyzers, software debuggers, protocol trace files, and other sophisticated and special purpose diagnostic service aids. The resolution may require the investigation of several possible solutions, and may require presence on-site. CR must respond to and comply with internal and external audit requirements.
- Providing Local Area Network design assistance and configuration to include wireless; Support of Internet Protocols/Services such as DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTML, FTP, SSH, IPSec VPN's, HTTP, SSL, and certificate authorities
- Supporting network & security related problems in an enterprise environment, to include firewalls, intrusion prevention, wireless defense solutions, data loss prevention, web filtering, identity and operational management and monitoring. Maintaining access control lists and IOS configurations, network monitoring and troubleshooting tools. Responding to and complying with internal and external audit requirements
- Generating weekly status reports including project progress, key milestones, and tasks accomplished, etc. Hosting weekly status meetings/calls with team or on as needed basis
Education, Skills and Experience:
- College-level degree in IT related field
- Experience shall be at least 10 years of relevant IT work experience with at least 8 years of experience in the networking/telecommunications field
- Proficient with High Availability in Enterprise Campus
- Experience with Layer 2&3 optimization and boundary, virtual switching systems
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Services and experience with IPAM products
- Experience with scalable routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Proficient with advanced WAN service layers and WAN Optimization applications
- Experience with Enterprise Data Center: Cisco ACI, Virtualization, SDN, Load-Balancing, SAN and E-commerce
- Proficient with current Network Security Services applications, services and appliances including: Identity Management, Network Access Control, Application Layer Inspection, URL, Content and Spam Filtering, Data Loss and Intrusion Prevention, Identity Services, IPsec and SSL VPN, PKI, Two Factor Authentication and other
- Knowledge of IP multicast, Enterprise Video conferencing, streaming and on demand components
- Experience with Enterprise VoIP and physical security environments - access control and video surveillance network applications
- Proficient with Network Management Protocols, Applications and Operating System capabilities
- Experience with installation and configuration of Cisco ISR, Catalyst, Nexus, ACI, and IOS and IOS XE operating systems
- Experience with installation, configuration, securing and troubleshooting enterprise wireless access systems
- Familiarity with Unix operating system and Microsoft Windows server operating system and utilities and desktop is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Industry leader’s networking certification of professional level
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance. Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.assyst.net.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.