You are here
Senior Technical Writer
SUMMARY: Support State acquisition functions, to include authoring contractual documents(RFP) for adequacy for: product/service requirements, meeting acquisition or formal contracting rules. Review other solicitations drafted and submitted for approval. Provide these activities for varied contracts, including delivery/task orders, IT, and Professional Services in the form of IFBs, RFPs, and secondary competition. Support client procurement officers during preparation, evaluation, and subsequent duration of a contract. Other responsibilities may be required as assigned. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well being a part of a team. Must be able to assess priority from multiple tasks.
- Author solicitations, Requests for Proposals (RFP), associated documents (e.g. justifications, approvals, determination and findings).
- Assists program to define satisfactory requirements for the product or service.
- Understad technical requirements
- Reviews solicitations authored by others for requirements adequacy for the product/service desired, plus compliance with contract policy and regulation.
- Function as the lead technical writer, editor, and content manager for several procurements.
- Collaborates with the Procurement Officer, the legal team, the program subject matter experts, and additional reviewers to produce solicitations.
- Create print documentation such as User Guides, Quick Start Guides, and Job Aids.
- Develop and utilize industry procurement and contracting policies and guidelines to review and improve State procurements
- Establish clear and regular communication with the State Agencies on the progress and quality of their procurements.
- Communicate the State’s best practices for procurements to agency authors and team authors.
- Provide best practice recommendations to agencies with respect to requirements gathering, documentation and management to deliver sufficient specification for the procurement type.
- BS/BA in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, or related field.
- 10+ years of technical writing experience, preferably in the federal or state goverment projects.
- 7+ years developing documentation
- Demonstrable experience in technical communications, including the ability to understand and explain extremely technical concepts.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, contractors, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.