You are here
Site Systems Administrator
ASSYST is looking for a junior level Site Systems Administrator to join our team in our Sterling, VA headquarters.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain workstations, servers and virtual servers for a team of approximately 40 people, in support of a Federal contract.
- Install and configure approved Hardware, Software, Operating Systems updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Troubleshoot and provide support to the team with issues related to workstations, network and peripherals.
- Standard systems administration tasks such as backups, monitoring systems components, logs, etc.
- Ensure network infrastructure up time.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external teams providing centralized support for various infrastructure functions. Ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Coordinate with building facilities management team as needed.
- Help create and maintain SOPs, work instructions and other job related documents.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship, with Secret Clearance.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Systems Administrator role.
- Excellent SysAdmin level knowledge and experience of MS Active Directory, various Windows Desktop and Network Operating Systems.
- Ability to work independently in a team support role.
- Experience documenting processes, work instructions, etc. and providing training on same.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field (experience can be substituted for degree).
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.